Last Blog Reunion Update
Dear Reunion Attendee:
It’s now just one week before we get to see all of you. What an exciting journey this has been for us. We have been so fortunate to be able to chat with just about everyone who’s coming, and now to connect the faces with the names will even make it better.
We have a few things to let you know about before the event.
1. Reunion start time: We have moved the time up to 5:30 p.m. on Friday, September 25 for registration. We have a lot of people coming, so this will help to get everyone through the registration area to pick up their name badges. The bars will be open so you can start socializing. Note: Registration is by last name or maiden name.
2. Parking: Self-parking will be sponsored. Please keep your ticket and it will be validated when you leave for the evening. You will need to park in the underground parking garage located off of Union Street. Union St. is a one-way street, going west, and the entrance is just west of Los Robles Ave. on the right hand side of the street. There is also valet parking at the entrance of the hotel, if you wish.
3. Attire: People have asked us about the attire for the evening. It is “casual” and has a theme of tropical/beach (just like the 47th reunion, if you attended). For instance, I will be wearing crop pants and a flowered shirt. Gary will wear a Hawaiian shirt and either shorts or pants. Remember, we will have great music to dance to so you’ll want to make sure your shoes are appropriate for dancing.
4. Memorabilia for the Muir Museum: The curators of the Muir Museum have indicated that they would love to have any memorabilia from 1959 for the museum. If you would like to bring that to the museum on Saturday, Sept. 26, they will be very happy to receive it for our class. Jackets, cheerleader outfits, pictures, etc. would be most welcome.
5. Directions for Saturday Activities: Directions for the Saturday activities have been printed up and will be available on Friday night.
If you have any questions about the upcoming weekend of activities, please call us at 818-790-1959 or email us at: MuirReunion@gmail.com.
We will see you very soon.